The Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES) is seeking applications for the position of editor for our inaugural journal. The journal will be a regional, peer reviewed journal with a readership comprised of counselors, educators, supervisors, and other professionals interested in providing leadership, training, and research in counselor education. The aims of the SACES Journal will be: (1) Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Counselor Education, (2) Special Topics Related to the Southern Region, and (3) Empirical Manuscripts with Special Section for Graduate Student Research, The appointment of editor is a 3-year term beginning in Summer 2018. SACES will provide a committee to assist in development and launch of the journal, an editorial assistant, copyediting services, and typesetting services. SACES will provide a stipend to support annual travel to SACES or ACES conferences. The Editor will have the option to work with an Associate Editor.
Editor responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with a committee to develop and launch the journal
- Manage and maintain editorial board activities
- Make final decisions on articles to be published by the journal
- Ensure that communications regarding submissions or other questions and concerns about the journal are responded to within 2 business days of initial communication
- Communicate quarterly and as indicated with the SACES Executive Council to provide information related to publication rates, articles published by the journal, and status report of the reviewers
- Host publications-related presentations at SACES bi-annual conference
- Collaborate with the publisher to develop a marketing plan including selecting articles for promotion
Appointment is conditional on the following qualifications:
- Experience as Editor or Associate Editor of peer-reviewed publication is preferred. Experience as an editorial board member of a professional publication or similar experience will be considered
- A record of scholarly publications in refereed journals
- Demonstrated experience in counselor education, supervision, and teaching pedagogy
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of SACES, especially in the areas of teaching and learning
- Current professional member of SACES with preference for those with a history of involvement in SACES.
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials: (a) statement of vision for the editorial direction for the SACES Journal, (b) current curriculum vita, and (c) up to five of the applicant’s most significant publications (with particular focus related to counselor education and supervision).
Reviews of candidates will begin May 14, 2018, and continue until filled. Please submit materials in PDF format to Casey Barrio Minton, SACES President, at firstname.lastname@example.org