2018 SACES Call for Proposals
The call for proposals and reviewers closed February 15, 2018 at 5pm EST.
Presenters: when reviews are completed, you may edit your proposal as allowed; all presenters will be notified by April 15th and must register by July 15th. Presenters are encouraged to create their presentations with consideration for ADA accommodation.
All conference proposals underwent a double-blind review. If you have any
questions, please contact the Conference Program Chair, Dr. Elizabeth
Villares at email@example.com
You will need to log in with your SACES account to complete and modify the online forms.
use your ACA/ACES/SACES email address to login. We obtain our updated
member information through ACA/ACES including updated email addresses;
however, your password is not exported. Forget your password or have a
new SACES account? Reset your password here. If you recently joined ACES, please give us time to update our database.
- Want to be a member? Learn the benefits of membership and how to join.
- Need a non-member account? If
you are not a SACES member, you may still submit a proposal application
and register for our conference. However, there will be an additional
cost for non-members. Create a non-member or conference-sponsor only account
Call for Proposals
The SACES Executive Committee is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the SACES 2018 Conference, October 11-13, 2018 in Myrtle Beach, SC. We invite proposals for the conference that address all areas of counseling, counselor education, and supervision. Pre-conference sessions and the Emerging Leaders Workshop will occur on Thursday (10/11), with a welcoming reception Thursday evening. The conference educational sessions will run on Friday (10/12) and Saturday (10/13) from 8 am to 5pm. Submissions must be received by February 15, 2018 by 5 pm ET.
Electronic Program Proposal Format
- Program Title
Your title should clearly and accurately describe the focus of your presentation (max 100 characters with spaces)
- Type of Session and Format Flexibility
50-minute content session; 50-minute roundtable discussion session; or 30-minute poster session
Primary Topic Addressed (based primarily on NBCC categories)
- Career development and counseling
- Counseling specialty areas
(e.g., addictions; clinical mental health; rehabilitation; college counseling & student affairs; marriage, couple, & family; school counseling; CE&S doctoral programs)
- Coiunseling theory/practice
- Teaching and learning
- Counselor professional identity and practice issues
(e.g., supervision, ethics, personal career development, leadership & advocacy, gatekeeping, mentoring)
- Group dynamics and counseling
- Human growth and development
- Research and program evaluation
- Social and cultural foundations
- Wellness and prevention
- Other (specify)
- Presenter Information and Qualifications
Name, highest degree earned, licensure/certification, institutional affiliation, primary mailing address, email, and phone (for all presenters)
- Presenter Expertise
The collective experience related to proposed session (max 1500 characters).
- Conference Program Abstract
This will appear in the conference program (max 500 characters).
- Synopsis of Program
Include overview of rationale, content, and presentation format (max 1500 characters).
- Learning Objectives
Provide three objectives attendees can expect as a result of participating in your program; they must be relevant to the work of professional counselors, supervisors, and counselor educators. They will be available to participants (max 500 characters).
You must agree to the following:
- Individuals' names may only appear on two presentations (includes ead or co-presenter).
- All presenters must be available to present Friday 10/12/18 and Saturday 10/13/18 from 8am - 5pm.
- SACES will provide one LCD projector/screen combo in each content presentation room. Any other A/V needs are the responsibility of the presenter.
- All presenters must register for the conference by 7/15/18 to be included in the conference program.
- Presenters must provide handouts or make the presentation available to participants within one week of the conference.
- Cancellations received after the program has been printed may result in a presenter proposal disqualification for the next SACES conference.
Proposals will be blind-reviewed and rated on the following review criteria:
- Clear rationale for program
- Clearly stated and appropriate learning objectives
- Appropriate content and format
- Overall organization and clarity
- Relevance of topic to SACES membership
- Appropriate fit with program tracks
- Attention to cultural and ethical considerations
- Relevant presenter credentials
- 12/15/17 – Submission portal open
- 2/15/18 – Deadline for submissions
- 4/15/18 – Decision notification
- 5/15/18 – Scheduling notification
- 7/15/18 – Deadline for presenters and co-presenters to register; all presenters must register by this date and attend the conference to be included in the conference program
If you have questions, please contact the Program Chair, Dr. Elizabeth Villares, at SACESconference2018@gmail.com.
Call for Proposal Reviewers
The SACES Executive Committee would like to invite you to become a proposal reviewer. You will have the opportunity to indicate your interest in serving as a reviewer at the end of the proposal submission process or by completing an application here. All conference proposals undergo a double-blind review. Each reviewer must be available to evaluate submissions between March 1 and March 15, 2018 and be willing to complete at least 20 proposals.