Join UsAs a member of ACES, you will automatically become a member of SACES if you live in the southern region.
Your regional dues will be collected through ACES beginning August 1, 2016. SACES will no longer be collecting membership dues separately. There will be a grace period from May 30-July 31 where no member dues will be taken to allow for the transition. Therefore, the 2016 conference registration rates will not be dependent upon membership. Read the SACES President-Elect's message
regarding the transition.
Types of Membership -
ACA and ACES membership is required to be a member of SACES. View the ACA/ACES membership brochure for details.
- Professional: Individuals who hold a master’s degree or higher in counseling or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- New Professional: A New Professional is someone who has graduated with a masters or a doctorate within the past 12 months. Status is good for one year.
- Student: Individuals who are enrolled at least half-time in a college or university program.
- Retired: Members who are retired from the counseling profession and have been active ACA/ACES members for the past 5 consecutive years.
As a member of SACES, you will continue to gain access to a variety of membership benefits including the following:
- Regional SACES Conference in each even numbered year.
- Email and website updates providing information and resources relevant to counselors, educators, and supervisors.
- Access to members-only content and programs including Emerging Leaders, awards, and research grants.
- Opportunities for service on committees and interest networks which help shape our profession.
- SACES Newsletter and online access to older issues.
- Voting rights on issues that evolve our organization.
- Great opportunities for networking with regional and national leaders in counselor education!
Questions? Contact SACES Membership Committee Co-Chairs: Lisa Burton (email@example.com) and Kathryn Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org)