The Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES) is seeking applications for the position of editor for Teaching and Supervision in Counseling (TSC). The TSC journal is the official peer reviewed journal of SACES, with a readership comprised of counselors, educators, supervisors, and other professionals interested in providing leadership, training, and research in counselor education. The aim of TSC is to publish high quality scholarship that informs teaching, supervision, and mentoring in educational and clinical settings. Articles may be empirical, conceptual or theoretical, or based on current issues; with an emphasis on empirical research. Articles must be scholarly, grounded in existing literature, and have implications for the counseling profession including, but not limited to, counselor education, supervisory practice, clinical training, pedagogy/andragogy, mentoring, or advocacy and public policy. Additionally, a goal of TSC is to provide mentoring to graduate students in the area of peer review and writing.
The appointment of editor is a 3-year term beginning in Summer 2021. SACES will provide copyediting and typesetting services, and a stipend to support annual travel to SACES or ACES conferences. The Editor will have the option to work with an Associate Editor.
Editor responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain editorial board activities
- Make final decisions on articles to be published by the journal
- Ensure that communications regarding submissions or other questions and concerns about the journal are responded to within 2 business days of initial communication
- Communicate quarterly and as indicated with the SACES Executive Council to provide information related to publication rates, articles published by the journal, and status report of the reviewers
- Host publications-related presentations at the SACES bi-annual conference
- Collaborate with the publisher to develop a marketing plan including selecting articles for promotion
- Provide relevant information and links to the webmaster that might be helpful to include on the SACES website.
Appointment is conditional on the following qualifications:
- Experience as Editor or Associate Editor of peer-reviewed publication is preferred. Experience as an editorial board member of a professional publication or similar experience will be considered.
- A record of scholarly publications in refereed journals.
- Demonstrated experience in counselor education, supervision, and teaching pedagogy.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of SACES, especially in the areas of teaching and learning.
- Current professional member of SACES with preference for those with a history of involvement in SACES.
Interested individuals should submit the following application materials: (a) statement of vision for the editorial direction for the SACES Journal, (b) current CV, and (c) up to five of the applicant’s most significant publications (with particular focus related to counselor education and supervision).
Reviews of candidates will begin June 8, 2020 and continue until filled. The new editor will be encouraged to work closely with the current editor over the next year in preparation for understanding and transitioning to the role of Editor in Summer 2021. Please submit materials in PDF format to Elizabeth Villares, SACES President, at email@example.com
Teaching and Supervision in Counseling (TSC) is the official journal of SACES. The mission of SACES is to empower and support diverse counselor educators and supervisors in scholarship, advocacy, community, education, and supervision. Visit the SACES journal webpage or the official open access journal website for articles or details about the journal.