Call for Proposals Deadline ExtendedGood afternoon, SACES members and friends,
We are excited to have received over 730 proposals for our 2020 conference in Baltimore, MD. We want to thank everyone who submitted their proposal ahead of the deadline. However, we understand that some individuals encountered an error message related to their membership status. To alleviate some of the stress our members and colleagues may have encountered, the SACES Executive Board has decided to extend the SACES proposal submission window to Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 5 PM.
Here are some additional tips to avoid future submission issues.
1. Your SACES membership is determined by the physical address you used to register with ACES and reconciled using the email address you use to sign on to the ACES, SACES, or ACA websites. You must use the same email address to sign in to the submission portal. If you have never logged into the SACES website or changed your password, you can select "forget password" and reset it.
2. If you recently renewed your membership with ACES/SACES, it can take up to 24 hours for the database to be updated.
3. If you have confirmed your email address account or renewed your membership, your status can be manually updated by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and attaching a copy of your receipt or screenshot of your active member card.
4. If you are getting an error message about a non-member account, that you recently created, the problem could be with your internet browser. Please change your browser and try again.
5. Finally, please plan ahead! We want to be sure to provide everyone with the support needed to submit your proposal successfully, but we are all volunteers, so not available 24/7.
Please check http://www.saces.org/conference-2020 for all the latest conference news and updates. See you in Baltimore!
Elizabeth Villares, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Counselor Education
Florida Atlantic University
President, Southern Association of Counselor Education and Supervision
Immediate Past Governing Board Chair, Florida School Counselor Association