The SACES Executive and Conference Planning Committee are pleased to announce the call for proposals for the SACES 2018 Conference, October 11-13, in Myrtle Beach, SC. We invite proposals for the conference that address all areas of counseling, counselor education, and supervision.
DEADLINE: Submissions must be received by February 15, 2018 by 5 pm ET.
Submit the program proposals online through the 2018 SACES Conference website..
Electronic Program Proposal Format
- Program Title: Your title should clearly and accurately describe the focus of your presentation (up to 100 characters with spaces)
- Type of Session and Format Flexibility: (1) 50-minute content session; (2) 30-minute poster session; (3) 50-minute roundtable discussion session
- Presenter Information and Qualifications: Name, institutional affiliation, primary mailing and email address, and phone contacts (for lead presenter and co-presenters), educational credentials, licensure/certification, and expertise (up to 1500 characters with spaces) related to proposed session
- Conference Program Abstract: Provide an abstract to appear in the conference program (up to 500 characters with spaces)
- Synopsis of Program: Provide a synopsis of the content of your program; include overview of rationale, content, and presentation format (up to 1500 characters with spaces)
- Three Learning Objectives: Identify three outcomes attendees can expect as a result of participating in your program (up to 500 characters with spaces)
- Your name may only appear on two presentations, whether you are lead presenter or co-presenter.
- SACES will provide one LCD projector/screen combo in each content presentation room. Any other A/V needs (e.g., Computer VGA/HDMI adapters, Internet access, DVD/CD players, televisions, etc.) are the responsibility of the presenter(s).
- Presenters must be available to present on Friday 10/12 and Saturday 10/13 from 8am – 5pm.
- Presenters must provide handouts or make presentation available to participants within one week of conference.
- 4/15 – Decision notification
- 5/15 – Scheduling notification
- 7/15 – Deadline for presenters and co-presenters to register; all presenters must register by this date and attend the conference to be included in the conference program
Proposal Reviewers Needed
Are you interested in reviewing proposals for the SACES 2018 Conference? If so, you can sign-up as a reviewer. Applications must be received by February 15, 2018 by 5 pm ET.
All conference proposals undergo a double-blind review. Each reviewer must be available to evaluate submissions between March 1 and March 15, 2018 and be willing to complete at least 20 proposal reviews.If you have questions, please contact the Program Chair, Dr. Elizabeth Villares, at email@example.com