SACES conferences occur during even years and they are run completely by SACES volunteers. If you would like to get more involved in the conference, see our 2018 conference leadership and general volunteer opportunities below.
- Conference Co-Chair - oversee all site-related logistics including meals and receptions. Co-chairs this committee with the President and may include other members as appointed by the President and/or Executive Committee. The Past-Past-President serves as a mentor (time intensive for a full year Oct-Nov).
- Program Coordinator - issues call for proposals and reviewers, select and schedule programs, create conference program book. Co-chairs this committee with the President-Elect. The Past-President serves as a mentor (time intensive Dec-Oct).
- Registration Co-Coordinators - announce deadlines, address member questions, manage registrations, prepare name tags, and oversee the onsite registration booth during the conference. The Treasurer serves as a mentor to this committee (time intensive May-Oct).
- Site Coordinator - typically from the conference site area, serves as the local liaison to assist conference chair with resources including projectors and screens for the conference, provide overview of local transportation and things to do, assist in identifying the recipient for the empty plate donation. The President serves as a mentor to this committee (May-Oct).
- Sponsor Coordinator - market sponsor/exhibitor packages, coordinate advertisements for the program with the Conference Program Coordinator, ensure tables are set up for exhibitors, manage the sponsor/exhibitor relations. The President serves as a mentor to this committee (May-Oct).
- Volunteer Co-Coordinators - identify volunteers, cover and monitor volunteer assignments during the conference (e.g., registration booth, sessions, luncheon/receptions, etc.). The Conference Co-Chairs serve as mentors (Aug-Oct).
- Continuing Education Coordinator - develop and oversee the process for tracking and providing CEU certificates to members who attend. The Program Co-Chairs serve as mentors (Aug-Dec).
- Career-Connect Coordinators - responsible for the employer-employee relations postings (e.g., job openings and candidate resumes) and events during the conference (Aug-Oct).
- Emerging Leaders Coordinator - issue call for emerging leaders, select and notify leaders, facilitate emerging leaders workshop The Past-President serves as a mentor (May-Oct).
- Graduate Student Representative - Plan First Timers conference event and/or other graduate student events, assist Volunteer Coordinators with finding graduate student volunteers. The President serves as a mentor to this committee (May-Oct).
- General Volunteers - volunteers are needed to assist the President and conference coordinators during the conference (e.g., cover the registration booth, monitor sessions, collect tickets, monitor projectors, etc.). We will take small or large commitments of your time but volunteers who commit at least 10 hours of their conference time toward volunteer work may be eligible to receive a discounted conference rate.
To serve as a conference volunteer in one of the above capacities please contact Natoya Hill Haskins at email@example.com describing your interest by September 15th.