2022 SACES Diversity Conference Scholarship
The deadline to submit an application for a conference scholarship is August 22, 2022 with anticipated notification by September 1, 2022.
In a new initiative to support individuals who have had limited conference experiences and lack of access to professional development opportunities the Southern Association of Counselor Education and Supervision now offers scholarships to current professionals and counselor education students. Each award is awarded based on financial need, professional status, and access to conference attendance. Five scholarships are awarded for each SACES conference in the amount up to $1000 to cover the cost of attending the SACES Conference. Scholarship recipients MUST be current SACES members.
SELECTION CRITERIA USED TO DETERMINE CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
- Current SACES member.
- Doctoral student or new professional (<5 years in the field)
- Identify with an underrepresented identity and/or be a first generation student. (10 points)
- One letter of recommendation – one from the applicant’s supervisor/advisor. (20 points)
- Explanation of financial need. (20 points)
- Professional and Personal Identity Statement. (20 points)
- Copy of a current vita (5 pages max). (20 points)
- Acknowledgement that you this would be your first SACES conference.
- Acknowledgement that you will be able to volunteer for 5 hours during the conference.
- Acknowledgement that you are not receiving any other funding from SACES.
Only current SACES members may apply for scholarship funds. If you are not a current member, please join before continuing with the application.
All applicants must upload 1 reference letter to this application from the applicant’s supervisor. The letter should address applicant’s job/student responsibilities and professional contributions. The letter should also show support of the applicant attending the conference.
* If you are granted a scholarship, it is understood that you will attend the SACES Conference and volunteer to assist during the conference for 5 hours.
To apply, please complete required areas found here: https://forms.gle/A8xRpda4a9EVttCu5